Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Notebook ...I will be seeing you...


Ahem... The first movie I am going to introduce is . I am so nervous that this is my first time to post the movie critics in English! I used to write my blog in Chinese usually.




The movie trailer.

Okay, let's talk about the movie. This is a 2004's romantic film and I watched it last year. The director is Nick Cassavetes (recent work is ). Whereas the leading actress is Rachel McAdams who is one of my most favourite holywood actress. I have watched some of her movies like , (gonna be introduced next blog),, and . She is really cute and pretty, and of course, photogenic. The actor is Ryan Gosling. I could not recognize him in other movies. =P



Plot Summary:
The movie focuses on an old man reading a story to an old woman in a nursing home. The story he reads follows two young lovers named Allie Hamilton and Noah Calhoun, who meet one evening at a carnival. But they are separated by Allie's parents who dissaprove of Noah's unwealthy family, and move Allie away. After waiting for Noah to write her for several years, Allie meets and gets engaged to a handsome young soldier named Lon. Allie, then, with her love for Noah still alive, stops by Noah's 200-year-old home that he restored for her, "to see if he's okay". It is evident that they still have feelings for each other, and Allie has to choose between her fiancé and her first love. (From The Internet Movie Database)


This is one of the most "worth your tears" movie. What in this movie is love that amids fire and thunder and ends in peace and deep. I felt touched and longing for the love between Noah and Allie. If I was her, I would not let myself regret while choosing between "love" and "wealth".

"It was an improbable romance. He was a country boy. She was from the city. She had the world at her feet, while he didn't have two dimes to rub together. " Love is not depended on suitability or probability. The most important is the one who always pulls your heart strings and you are really into him. Like in the movie, "They were crazy about each other." A true love is, the madness, enthusiasm, obstinacy while you were young and the forgiveness and deepness when you are old.
“Do you think, our love could take us away together?” Allie.
“I think our love could do anything we want it to.” Noah.

There is only very few people owns true love in their lifetime.



My dearest Allie,

I couldn't sleep last night because I know that it's over between us.

I'm not bitter anymore, because I know that what we had was real.

And if in some distant place in the future
we see each other in our new lives,

I'll smile at you with joy
and remember how we spent a summer beneath the trees

learning from each other and growing in love.

The best love is the kind that awakens the soul

and makes us reach for more,

that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds.

And that's what you've given me.

That's what I'd hoped to give to you forever.

I love you. I'll be seeing you,
Noah.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Labels